Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In the Shadows

The second air-speeder lurched away from palace and into the night. Dropping onto the balcony , a cloaked figure watched with unblinking eyes as the two speeders dropped below the roof lines to avoid Imperial sensors. Tracking them now was out of the question, with the chaos that lingered about the palace, but the watcher did not need a homing beacon to know they were racing towards Rabblo's compound in the Warrens. So be it. The traitorous Moff and the greedy Hutt would share their doom together.

The watcher turned from the balcony and swept past the unsettling stares of the Moff's grotesque sculpture garden. He angrily kicked aside bits of ruined battle droid and reflected grimly on his failure to influence this fight. His master would not be pleased, though perhaps the uncertainty in Gadj's fate could be used to some advantage. Kidnapped by rebels worked as well as killed by them. It would be an easy enough story to tell, with the pitiful remains of so many battle droids here and the bloody carnage wrought in the ballroom below. Of course the Moff's protectors must be dealt with, they could not be allowed to contradict that story. A direct raid on the Warrens would likely be necessary, and soon-- before Rabblo's loyalists could completely unravel the treacheries spun around them. No doubt the Hutt himself would sense the web tightening around him even now.

From the chambers below came the amplified shouts of stormtroopers, finally alerted to the Moff's predicament. It would not do to be seen by them now. The watcher slipped out onto one of the secondary balconies - and from there it was an easy leap back to the rooftop. Soon, the Moff and the Hutt would be dead and Ranjahr would be in the hands of those to whom it truly belonged....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Journal: Lt. Commander Aroynier
After a close battle with what seems to be a couple of dozen droids and one nasty assassin droid. I am at loss. The assassin droid kept me from going with the Moff, yet allowed Rabblo’s crony, Mas. Once Mas and The Moff were in the speeder it took off and then the assassin attacked me.

Luckily the mercenary got in a good shot and the droid escaped. Which left us with a few more ORLF droids. Once they were taken care of Dabbo, Mas’s driver showed up. PT-109, the merc and I jumped in. About that time Mas called and said that the Moff had been shot and to follow him to Rabblo’s compound. Another troubling item, what happened to all the storm troopers? I know there was a sizable contingent on duty due to the high level party. Also, no one has answered my secure channel call. Troubling.

Well, I am going to force Dabbo to head to the imperial compound. PT-109 and I have to get to the bottom of this. And, I do not trust Mas. I can’t follow him into as far as I am concerned into enemy territory. What the hell is going on?

Andrew Penn Romine said...

from "A Diary of a Whiny Rodian"
by Doda Nubeedi

My head still aches from where I4 konked me on the head. This droid that I picked up in the speeder lot is really gettting on my nerves. Mas isn't around at the pickup - I think he's in the other speeder.

Starhunter seems kinda dazed, and this Imperial called Aronier has a funny look in his eye.

He keeps yelling at me "Dabbo! Dabbo!" I don't think he speaks Rodian-- 'cause I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be saying that if he knew that back on Rodia that meant "my froglipped love!"

I hope he thinks thats my name, 'cause I shudder at the alternative...

-Doda. (very not into Imperials...)